To instill a new culture for research and Innovation in the Canadian Construction Industry.
In 2009, following the release of a CCA analysis report on R&I in the construction industry, it became apparent that Canada faces an innovation imperative. Our lacklustre innovation record stands in the way of Canadians realizing their full prosperity potential.
- We have a fundamental belief that efficiencies can be found through the creation of CCI, bringing innovation to the forefront and creating prosperity in the Construction Industry and for Canada.
- Construction largely has remained unchanged since WW2. It is time we take responsibility and change the face of construction.
- Firms alone working individually in silos with limited funds and resources cannot effect substantial change. Industry wide innovation – and the subsequent increase in productivity and profitability - can only be achieved through a common and collaborative approach.
Industry must accept the challenge.
CCInnovations will provide the necessary framework to enhance industry-wide collaboration for innovation in the construction industry with the aim to increase competitiveness, productivity and financial performance.
Its objectives are:
- To use innovation to make the Canadian construction industry more competitive at home and globally;
- To establish, monitor, and report on national goals for the industry that will help focus the drive for innovation;
- To define a broad research, development and innovation agenda to support the national goals;
- To build consensus for the agenda so the industry can speak with one voice in the area of innovation;
- To establish an effective system of selecting, pursuing and funding research projects and programs;
- To identify the means by which new products and services can best be commercialized; and,
- To facilitate the dissemination and adoption of new innovations, technologies and practices.
CCInnovations is the result of a challenge by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) that an Institute be established to instill a new culture for innovation in the Canadian construction industry.
CCInnovations’ goals for our industry will make innovation a driver of growth across our entire economy through:
- Reduce corporate risk and increase profitability
- Improved sustainability and minimized life-cycle costs.
- Create more satisfied clients
- Attract talented individuals to our industry
- Improve the image of the construction industry
- Improve our technological advances
Executive Assistant / Communication Specialist
Catherine Cobden, P. Eng.
Consultant/Advisor, Advocacy and Special Projects
John Dickinson, Ph.D., P. Eng.
Founder and President, Advanced BIM Solutions Inc.
Laura Paul, P. Eng. MBA
Consultant, Clearinghouse/Social Media
Paul Woodard, Ph.D.
Founder and Vice-President, Advanced BIM Solutions Inc.
Clara Yu-Kyoung Kim